Home > Practice Areas > DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney in Orlando
Criminal Defense Lawyer in Orlando, Florida (FL)
Aggressive Representation to Protect Your Rights When Arrested, Charged With a Crime in Orange County, Florida.
Providing Diligent Criminal Defense Founded on Experience and Commitment
If you or a family member is under investigation for a crime, or you have already been arrested and charged, you are probably experiencing a wide range of emotions that include fear, stress, embarrassment, and even anger. Many people end up making their situation worse because they do not immediately seek legal advice from a proven criminal defense law firm. Law enforcement agencies in Orlando and throughout Florida are extremely aggressive in conducting criminal investigations, but Orlando criminal defense attorney Beryl Thompson McClary can sometimes prevent formal charges from even being filed by limiting the scope of the law enforcement investigation. She might challenge search warrants, expose suggestive lineups, or limit the scope of police interrogations.
Beryl Thompson McClary, Esq. works diligently and aggressively to fight for our clients from the moment our law firm is retained through successful resolution of their criminal case. She takes great satisfaction in putting her clients’ fears to rest and making sure they are informed about all significant developments in their case. Our goal to make sure that our clients’ cases are resolved with the least impact on their everyday lives. Miss Thompson-McClary is a former prosecutor who has handled over 350 trials, which distinguishes her from most other criminal defense attorneys. This experience also includes handling hearings in over 120 administrative cases.
What Can Our Orlando Criminal Defense Law Firm Do For You?
At our Orlando criminal defense law firm, we believe that every citizen deserves competent, aggressive criminal defense. When the government arrests you, state and federal prosecutors have virtually infinite resources at their disposal to seek a criminal conviction. We are committed to using the full scope of our expertise and resources to protecting your freedom and safeguarding your future. Attorney Thompson-McClary has represented hundreds of those charged with misdemeanors and felonies at both the state and federal level, as well as those charged with driving under the influence (DUI) in Orlando and throughout Orange County, FL.
When facing serious DUI or criminal charges, our experienced Orlando criminal defense law firm can provide assistance with the following:
- Seek dismissal of the charges or acquittal after trial
- Prevent evidence from being used that was illegally obtained
- Negotiate for reduction in charges, diversion, or other forms of alternative sentencing
- Expose lies or embellishment of the facts by police, witnesses, or the accuser
- Conduct an extensive investigation including use of professional forensic investigators
- Secure ballistics experts, polygraphist, or other experts to seek a reduction in charges, dismissal, or acquittal
Because Beryl Thompson, McClary, Esq. has experience representing clients in criminal cases on both sides of the aisle – prosecutor and defense attorney – we are uniquely positioned to provide effective legal representation in your criminal case:
- Our office handles cases of all sizes from minor misdemeanors to major felonies.
- We have built a reputation for representing high-profile defendants like celebrities, professional athletes, professionals, and CEOs.
- We will seek your immediate release from custody with no bail or a bail reduction.
- We may be able to prevent the State Attorney’s Office from even filing charges against you
- There is no need to worry and wait because we are available to speak with you 24/7 and offer a free confidential consultation.
- We prepare for trial because we know how to get a better plea agreement based on aggressive trial preparation.
- After handling over 350 trials, Miss McClary-Thompson has no hesitation in following a case through to trial rather than pleading the case out after the first or second hearing.
- We are committed to keeping client’s informed at all stages of their criminal case.
- We will explain the legal issues and criminal court process in straightforward, understandable, and candid terms.
- We also handle early terminations of probation and record expungements for those wanting to get their prior convictions dismissed.
- Our criminal defense legal team will leave no stone unturned in fighting to keep you out of jail, which includes:
- Seeking a dismissal of charges or a “not guilty” plea at trial
- Negotiating alternate sentencing, such as house arrest, counseling, and/or community service.
Successful Criminal Defense – Felonies and Misdemeanors
Our criminal defense law firm has successfully represented hundreds of people charged with crimes in Orlando and throughout Florida. While we can handle misdemeanorsand felonies in state and federal courts, some of the criminal cases we handle include:
- Narcotics Crimes: Drug Possession, Drug Trafficking, Drug Conspiracy, Drug Possession, Marijuana Cultivation, Drug Manufacturing
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Financial Crimes: Embezzlement, Fraud Against the Government, Fiduciary Crimes
- Organized Crime
- Sexual Offenses: Rape, Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault
- Crimes of Violence: Domestic Violence, Robbery, Assault and Battery, Murder
Fighting for Your Future – We Know What Is At Stake
At the Law Offices of Beryl Thompson-McClary, P.A., we understand that a felony or misdemeanor conviction can have a staggering impact on your life. A criminal conviction may result in a broad spectrum of penalties that could include:
- Incarceration in jail or state prison
- Substantial fines and orders to pay restitution
- Participation in drug rehabilitation, anger management, and similar programs
- Suspension of your driver’s license
- Loss of certain rights including jury service, right to vote, and possession of firearms
- Imposition of an immigration hold and other adverse immigration consequences
- Installation of an ignition interlock device on your vehicle
While these consequences can have a stressful and disruptive impact on your life and that of your family, there are other negative effects that can impact your future even after you have fully served a criminal sentence. You may find roadblocks in obtaining housing, employment, higher education, and occupational licensing, as well as experiencing damage to your reputation. We know what is at stake and will provide an impassioned and meticulously prepared defense.
Special Issues Involving Celebrities Accused of Crimes
Beryl Thompson-McClary, Esq. has developed a reputation for tenacious but discrete representation of high-profile individuals accused of crimes, such as celebrities, professional athletes, CEOs, professionals, and entertainers, and others. She is sensitive to the reality that lingering accusation and negative publicity can destroy reputations, earning potential, and even careers. We have law offices in Orlando and practice in Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Lake, Brevard, and Volusia counties. To schedule a free initial consultation with an attorney, you can call our office at 1-888-640-2999.
Call the Law Offices of Beryl Thompson-McClary P.A. Today
We have law offices in Orlando and practice in Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Lake, Brevard,and Volusia counties. To schedule a free initial consultation with an attorney, you can call our office at 1-888-640-2999.
350 N Orange Ave., Suite #2300
Orlando, Florida 32801
Open: 8 AM to 5 PM or by appointment
Google Maps / Cell Phone Directions | Email Us