Call Today 321.329.5369
Skilled & Seasoned Legal Guidance for Family Law & Personal Injury Matters

My ex is not paying me any support. Can I withhold parenting time?

No, a parent cannot withhold parenting time from another parent simply because they are not paying child support. Those are two different matters and they're not interdependent. In fact, you could be held in contempt of court for willfully depriving the other parent of their parenting time. Likewise, you can go to court to enforce by contempt of court the other parent's failure to pay child support. It is preferable that you take these matters to court to have that enforced and not incur the punishment that could come upon you by withholding that child or children.